Titletown welcomes spring with outdoor activities
With the arrival of spring, Titletown is ready to launch new programs and activities to help welcome the warmer weather. All activities are free, unless otherwise stated in the event description.
From April 15 to May 30, a new art installation”Reedswill take up residence at Titletown Plaza, the first time the installation will be exhibited in the United States. The one-of-a-kind interactive art installation is made up of individual reeds that invite visitors to activate the reed base by stepping on sensors, rhythmically propelling colors up the rhythmic rods by a vibrant soundscape.
Free to visitors, the traveling installation will be located in Titletown Plaza and will be available daily during park hours. Roseaux was created by 1ToMn in Montreal, Canada. Detailed credits and more information are available at titletown.com/events/calendar/reeds.
The free outdoor event focused on the environment Go green will also be back for another year Saturday April 30, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Celebrating Earth Day, Arbor Day and May Day, the event will feature interactive family exhibits, performances and more. Further details will be announced soon.
Titletown is also offering a variety of programs this spring, including:
- Reading Club: Get together with other local readers for monthly book talks on April 25 and May 23. Upcoming books are posted on titletown.com/events/calendar/book-club.
- Free fitness classes: Community members can take advantage of free yoga classes on Mondays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. and Zumba on Tuesdays from 5:30-6:30 p.m. All participants must sign a waiver before the course to titletown.com/waivers.
- AAPI Celebration: Join the celebration of Asian American and Pacific Islander cultures with dance performances, art projects and more every Wednesday from May 4-25. For the schedule of activities, go to titletown.com/events/calendar/aapi-celebration
- Spring play date: All kids are invited to join in the fun by hanging out with their favorite characters, listening to their favorite music, and doing crafts on Wednesdays, April 13 and May 4, from 5-7 p.m. For the schedule of activities, please visit titletown.com/events/calendar/spring-playdate
- Soul Sessions: Enjoy the smooth sounds of jazz and world music in a relaxing atmosphere on Thursday evenings May 5-26 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Grand Stairs at the west end of Titletown. For the schedule of activities, go to titletown.com/events/calendar/soul-sessions.
- Crafts + Cocktails: A variety of workshops led by local artists will be offered from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursdays from April 7 to May 12. Payment and registration are requiredand are available at titletown.com/events/calendar/crafts-and-cocktails.
- Artistic well-being: Explore emotion and connect with others through the process of creating art each month. Registration is required for this free program at titletown.com/events/calendar/art-wellness.
- Campfire Fridays: The best way to start the weekend is with free, family entertainment around the campfire every Friday evening at Titletown Plaza from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Find out more and find the weekly entertainment program on titletown.com/events/calendar/campfire-fridays
- sunrise yoga: Start each Saturday morning with a 60-minute yoga class and a drink at Leaps & Bounds Cafe at Lodge Kohler. Each class costs $10 per person and includes a voucher for a medium drink at Leaps & Bounds. Registration is required at titletown.com/events/calendar/sunrise-yoga.
All activities are subject to change depending on the weather. Up-to-date information on activities and programming is also shared via Titletown’s social media platforms at facebook.com/TitletownGB, twitter.com/titletown and instagram.com/titletown. Titletown also includes TitletownTech, The Turn, Bellin Health Titletown Sports Medicine & Orthopedics, Lodge Kohler, Hinterland Restaurant and Brewery, Associated Bank and the US Venture Center. For more information, visit titletown.com.