Outdoor living and landscaping trends bolster the outlook for pavers
CLEVELAND, October 21, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Paver sales will continue to benefit the outdoor living and landscaping trends, according to a new analysis by the Freedonia Group.
Already a growing trend before the pandemic, interest in outdoor living and landscaping increased dramatically in 2020, with homeowners looking to improve the functionality of their outdoor spaces in order to provide a safe and aesthetic space for socializing and to have fun:
- The growing popularity of outdoor living will continue to spur increasingly sophisticated home improvement projects – such as installing outdoor pools and kitchens to complement existing seating, dining and grill areas – many of which will involve the use of paving stones.
- Design trends favoring the use of higher-value landscaping products – such as colored / textured concrete pavers and porcelain pavers – will also drive sales.
American demand for pavers to be achieved $ 1.7 billion in 2025
The Freedonia Group predicts that U.S. demand for pavers will grow 2.6% per year through 2025, with most of the gains coming from price increases:
- Unit growth will be limited by competition from clay brick pavers (excluded from the scope of this study) due to their aesthetic appeal and comparable price.
- In addition, demand was already at a high level in 2020, when the residential market was relatively strong. While unit sales of pavers will remain high through 2022, they will start to decline from their pre-2025 peak, causing average growth to decline.
Demand for pavers will be supported by the strong consumer interest in outdoor living and landscaping. This will continue to benefit the installation of paved patios and walkways, primarily in residences, but also in non-residential buildings such as offices, buildings, restaurants and parks.
You want to know more ?
Paving stones examines the US paver industry by product, market and material. Historical data (2010, 2015 and 2020) and forecast for 2025 and 2030 are presented for demand for pavers in current US dollars (including inflation) and units.
Pavers are classified into two types:
The scope of the market study includes the following types:
- residential markets (conventional single-family homes, multi-family structures such as apartments and manufactured homes)
- commercial markets (institutional buildings; office, commerce and accommodation structures; industrial facilities; and other commercial facilities such as airports and bus stations, recreational buildings, police stations, fire stations and prisons )
- non-constructible markets, including transport infrastructure such as highways and streets; and utilities, including water and sewerage, electricity and telecommunications infrastructure
The residential and commercial markets include both new construction and renovation.
Demand for pavers is also segmented by the following U.S. geographic regions:
- Where is
About the Freedonia Group – The Freedonia Group, a division of MarketResearch.com, is the leading international industrial research company, providing our clients with product analyzes, market forecasts, industry trends and market share information. From individual consulting firms to global conglomerates, our analysts provide businesses with unbiased and reliable market research and analysis to help them make important business decisions. With over 100 studies published each year, we support over 90% of Fortune 500 industrial companies. Find off-the-shelf studies at https://www.freedoniagroup.com/ or contact us for a personalized search: +1 440.842.2400.
SOURCE The Freedonia Group