10 easy hacks that will get your outdoor space ready for summer
There is no doubt that spring has arrived and some parts of your outdoor space may be in bloom, others may still be in hibernation. But transitioning to a summer-ready space doesn’t have to involve a major overhaul. Here are 10 easy tips to help you prepare for summer:
1. New cushions – the off season has been long and even if your cushions have survived, the style of your outdoor furniture may be a bit dated. Adding new outdoor cushions is a great hack that gives your outdoor space a fresh new look, without dampening the bank.
2. Ambient lighting – lighting really is everything! Adding cool solar lanterns can refresh the entire ambiance of your space with little effort. All you have to do is turn on the solar panels and these cool lights will do the rest for you. They are perfect on coffee tables or to line an aisle.
3. Citronella candles – candlelight is the perfect way to give your outdoor space a bit of romance. These citronella candles are a natural insect repellent that not only looks chic, but will keep you bite-free. Replacing outdated fly traps and bug zappers with these holistic beauties is an easy way to upgrade your outdoors.
4. Hide your pipe – This decorative garden hose storage jar is an amazing way to elevate your space. Tidying up your unsightly, lanky green pipe will open up your space in a way that’s both aesthetically pleasing and functional.
5. Repot – if your outdoor plants don’t have enough room to touch the ground, consider repotting them in more decorative planters. Pots like these give off the vibe that you planted like this intentionally and not out of necessity.
6. Carpet – have you heard the expression “sweep under the rug”? Well, the same principle applies here. Whether you’re waiting to redo the patio next summer or you just can’t stand the color of the patio, an outdoor rug will completely refresh the space. Sun-resistant and waterproof outdoor rugs are durable and easy to clean, making them the easiest way to revamp a large area.
seven. Grills – maybe the reason your outdoor space is lacking a little love is that you need a new reason to use the space. A grill might be just what you need to fall in love all over again. Plus, summer vegetables taste better with a little grilling.
8. Outdoor dining area – with all that cooking, you might need a new place to eat. A bistro table is the perfect way to transform a small outdoor space into the outdoor dining area of your dreams. With a foldable table and chairs, you can enjoy all the benefits of a romantic outdoor setting without committing to bulky picnic tables.
9. Water Feature – adding a water feature is a soothing way to increase the zenitude of your exterior. The soothing sound of trickling water is a great way to block traffic or the neighborhood. Plus, nothing says *raised* like having your own fountain.
ten. Foyer – bring the toasting s’more and roasting weenie! This fire pit adds a little something extra to the summer nostalgia of your garden!
Upworthy has earned revenue through a partnership and/or may earn a portion of revenue from purchases made through links on our site.