BUFFALO, NY (WIVB) – Summer is approaching and the city of Buffalo opens ten of its water skates this Memorial Day.
The opening of ten water features on Monday is good news for those looking to cool off as the summer months approach. Only three splash zones were opened last season due to pandemic restrictions.
You can cool off at the water attractions from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. until Labor Day, weather permitting.
Take a look at what the splash pads will be open:
- Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Centennial Park: Foot of Porter Ave.
- Allison Park – Reese St: Adjacent to Asarese Matters Center
- Masten Park – Best St .: Adjacent to the Johnnie B. Wiley Sports Pavilion
- MLK Jr. Park Basin: Best St. and Fillmore Ave.
- Lanigan Park: South Park Ave., west of Louisiana St.
- Lincoln Park: at the foot of Quincy St.
- Cazenovia Park: behind the park casino
- Houghton Park: Foot of Spahn Street
- Schiller Park: Sprenger Street side of the park
- Roosevelt Park: Foot of Roosevelt Avenue
The Kensington Park splashpad will be closed while the pool is under construction.
COVID-19 security rules are in place, for more information click on here.
Patrick Ryan is a digital producer who has been on the News 4 team since 2020. See more of his work here.